sábado, 28 de enero de 2012

The Way I Work - Parte 1


En el sitio de la revista Inc. hay una sección titulada "The Way I Work" en la que algunos personajes del mundo de la tecnología cuentan cómo laburan, su rutina diaria, etc.

Va una primer recopilacion de estos que leí:


Matt Mullenweg | Fundador de WordPress

In the morning, I have certain aspirations. One of my goals is to avoid looking at the computer or checking e-mail for at least an hour after I wake up. I also try to avoid alarm clocks as much as possible, because it's just nice to wake up without one... I also avoid morning meetings: The earliest meeting I'll do is 11 a.m. 
When you're coding, you really have to be in the zone. I'll listen to a single song, over and over on repeat, like a hundred times. And I turn off instant message and e-mail. If you are taken out of the flow, if that little toaster pops up that says you've got mail -- and you look at it, you've lost it. You're juggling variables and functions and layouts. The moment you look away, it all falls to the ground, and you spend 10 minutes getting it all back in the air again. 
My management strategy is to find extremely self-motivated and talented people and then let them go. There's no manager looking over your shoulder every day, so you need to be able to completely direct yourself. 
If I'm not blogging for myself, it's not worth it. So I don't post once a day, only when it feels natural. 
Some people don't need sleep. I actually do need sleep. I just sleep all the time. I'll catch naps in the afternoon, or I'll take a 20-minute snooze in the office -- just all the time.


Bob Parsons | Fundador de GoDaddy.com

I'm happiest at sunrise, when it's just me and the birds. 
I manage everything from the 57-inch monitor that hangs from the ceiling in my office, which I can access with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I have it set to Go Daddy's home page, and there's a program we created that tracks our current market share and how many domain names we register each day. We register about one every second. The names show up on that screen in real time, like a ticker tape. It's always on, so I can refer to it throughout the day. I can tell at a glance what's going right or wrong. 
 The hardest time of day for me is at the end of the day, because I hate to see it end. I hate to shut down. And it's hard to shut down, too -- in part, because I am always thinking of ways to improve the business. If you're not getting better, you're getting worse.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario